World Vision responds to 'terrifying' attacks in Idlib


The UK Government has today condemned airstrikes in Idlib, northwestern Syria, which have damaged at least 25 health facilities and 37 schools since April, according to the UN.

"These attacks are a clear breach of international law," Dr Andrew Murrison, Minister of State for the Middle East and Minister of State for International Development told MPs on Tuesday (June 18).

World Vision is working through partners in Idlib, and has previously warned that the recent escalation in violence may lead to the worst humanitarian crisis in Syria’s 8-year conflict.

Children in Idlib are experiencing terrifying bombardment and violence, with reports that dozens of children have been killed in the last two months. They have also seen their homes, schools and hospitals attacked, and hundreds of thousands of people have been forced to flee.

Aid agencies are overwhelmed trying to support vulnerable and traumatised families, many of whom fled with little but the clothes on their backs and are now sleeping in makeshift tents and unfinished buildings.

We urgently need to see a ceasefire in North-West Syria and for all parties to the conflict to protect civilians, particularly children who remain trapped in frontline areas.

- Marc-Andre Hensel, Director of World Vision’s Syria Response

General Election 2019: 3 calls for the ‘most important election for a generation’

All parliamentary candidates should sign up to keep Britain as an outward-looking country committed to helping the world’s most vulnerable communities, World Vision urges today.

UK students come together to fight world hunger

The Famine24 event raised nearly £2,000 for World Vision UK.

World Vision responds to 'backdoor attack on the aid budget'

The argument that DFID should be merged with the Foreign Office amounts to a backdoor attack on the aid budget, says Gareth Wallace, Government Relations Manager for World Vision UK.

World Vision joins 14 aid agencies warning of humanitarian crisis in North-East Syria

Civilians in north-east Syria are at risk and humanitarian aid could be cut off following the launch of a new military operation in the area, leading aid agencies are warning.