Andy Flannagan is a singer-songwriter and the Executive Director of Christians in Politics.
Here he offers an Easter prayer for all those affected by coronavirus – both in the UK and across the globe.
As so much of our “normal” lives are put on hold, it is worth remembering some things:
- Services may be cancelled, but Easter is not.
- Meetings may be cancelled, but connecting is not.
- Projects may be cancelled, but helping is not.
- Markets may be cancelled, but injustice is not.
- Hugs may be cancelled, but love is not.
There is something that has been permanently cancelled.
Hebrews Chapter 2 says – “14. Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death - that is, the devil - 15. And free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death."