World Vision-led programme tackles the worst forms of child labour
I work on a project designed to reduce the worst forms of child labour in three of the most difficult places in the world for children.
PACE – Partnership Against Child Exploitation – is a ground-breaking partnership between World Vision UK and others, including media and legal experts. PACE is also working to:
- bolster research on what works to reduce the worst forms of child labour
- help reintegrate children in the community who have been forced to work in armed groups, mines and work where they have been sexually exploited
- empower children to resist work that is damaging to their wellbeing. Helping them to find alternatives such as returning to school and vocational training
- help private sector organisations to achieve best practice in supply chain due diligence
- strengthen legal and reporting systems, so that abuses are reported, referrals made and justice achieved
- increase media focus on this underreported area.